If you provide us with any personal data while using this website we will use it to provide you with information about the service you have enquired about or requested.
We may also use it for any other purpose for which you give your consent. For example we may send you additional information about the company and/or its services, if you have consented to us doing so.
Personal Information and Data Protection
In order that we can properly assess your financial position and provide appropriate advice to you it is important that you provide us with full details of your circumstances and information as to the circumstances leading up to your present financial situation. We will record and keep confidential all information received from or about you. We will not pass your information to anyone else without your permission. We will as part of delivering our service to you to share all the data we hold about your financial situation with your creditors and their representatives if you agree to take up our services and sign our terms of business. We will provide information to your creditors as is necessary in order for us to negotiate your repayment programme. All the information we provide to your creditors will be objective, complete and accurate. We will not mislead your creditors whether intentionally or by omission.
In order to provide our services to you we have to provide your creditors with the following information both at the outset and during the course of your programme:
- Your personal details, a list of all your creditors, a financial statement setting out your Income and Expenditure, a list of all your assets and liabilities, your proposed monthly payment into the programme and the date of your first and proposed subsequent payments. We also have to confirm whether we are of the opinion that a debt management programme is an appropriate solution to your present difficulties.
We will ensure transparency, consistency and efficiency. If creditors require clarification on any matters concerning your programme we will notify you and we will seek further information where relevant and will co-operate with your creditors to the fullest extent.
We will collect personal information about you both directly from you, any appropriate third parties and from your creditors as authorised by your signed Client Authority Form that you sign and return to us. We will also collect further information as a result of managing your repayment programme.
We will use your personal information solely for the purpose of providing our services to you, both at the outset and throughout your programme. In particular we will use your data to:
- Prepare and issue to you and your creditors your repayment programme.
- Update and enhance our client records
- Negotiate with your creditors on your behalf; and keep them up to date and informed of your situation both at the outset and throughout the life of the programme.
- Keep you informed about your repayment programme and any alternatives that may become available to you both at the outset of your instructions or in the future.
- We will also provide to you with a copy of the Outcome Statement which sets out the proposed duration and cost of your programme.
- Regularly review your programme in order that we can keep the Data we hold about you current and up to date. We will provide updates in this regard to your creditors.
- Analysis to help us manage our company and improve our services.
- Regulatory compliance – our use of your personal information is subject to your instructions, Data Protection Law and our duty of confidentiality.
- Compliance with Money Laundering Regulation (see below)
- Training and monitoring purposes
Quite apart from advising you about your Debt Management Programme, we like to send present and past clients information that we think might be of interest to them. That can include information about legal developments, changes in creditor policy or publicity information about us and our services. Please indicate if you are happy to receive such information on the Acknowledgement Form that you receive with your initial paperwork. You can change your mind at any time, so if you later want to opt out just let us know.
Data Protection in Respect of Money Laundering Checks
Should you wish to instruct us to act for you we will require personal data from you for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations under the Money Laundering Regulations we will ask you for a copy of your current passport or photographic driving licence. Such data will be processed only for the purposes of preventing money laundering and terrorist financing, or as otherwise permitted by law or with your express consent.
We trust that you consent to us retaining such data for 6 years which is 12 month longer than the five year statutory period. If you object to us doing so please tell us as soon as possible.
Additionally our company may be audited or checked by our Accountants or our regulatory Body. All such third parties are required to maintain confidentiality in relation to you files.
You have the following rights:
- A right to access a copy of the information we hold
- A right to object or restrict processing your data if it is causing distress
- A right to prevent processing for direct marketing
- A right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destoyed
- A claim to compensation for damage caused by a breach of the Act
- You can request that all your personal data is removed from our Data base or you can request that personal data can be transferred to another system for free.
Any request for information as detailed above must be made in writing. We will respond to any such request within 30 days. We reserve the right to charge you for any unreasonable requests which in our absolute discretion we believe are excessive or unfounded.
If you would like a copy of the personal information which we hold please write to our Company’s Data Protection Officer Mike Davies.